I recently return home from a marvelous trip to Tonga with about 25 other students and two professors from BYU. It was wonderful!
- When: May 8 – 22 (14 days, including 2 days of travel)
- Purpose of trip: Demonstrate to the Kingdom of Tonga how to convert coconut oil into biodiesel
- It went very well; we were given an audience with the honorable minister of agriculture, the honorable minister of tourism, and the husband of the princess (the Tongan prince).
- The government will decide what to do with the information.
- Yes, you really can convert coconut oil (and many other vegetable oils, including used cooking oil) to make diesel fuel
Over 300 photos from Katey O’Laughlin:
Photo albums hosted on the official EWB-BYU website:
- Vava’u Highlights
- Biodiesel Processing
- Coconut Highlights
- Liahona Highlights
- Tongatapu Highlights
- Travel Highlights
- Eua and Atata Highlights
Additional Information / News:
- 30 sec. news video from Daily Herald, SLC, hosted by youtube.com
- EWB-BYU website
- BYU News Release, 29 May 2007